The cream of the county honoured at Red Rose Awards
The wait is over and the winners at Lancashire’s biggest celebration of business have been revealed at a glittering awards evening.
More than 1,100 guests attended the Red Rose Awards held at the Winter Gardens in Blackpool last night.
They saw 26 awards handed out to innovative, creative and successful businesses from across the county, representing a variety of sectors.
The Lancashire Business View Award went to Blackpool-based Laila’s Fine Foods.
Burnley business Veka received the Large Business Award and another Burnley company, catering food and drink supplier Birchall Foodservice, ended the night with a hat-trick of honours.
It walked away with the awards for Customer Service, Employer of the Year and Family Business.
Preston-based Warden Construction did the double, lifting the Construction Business and Corporate Social Responsibility awards.
The Red Rose Awards was a sell-out event for the fourth consecutive year and guests enjoyed a lively evening of entertainment.
Funds were raised on the night to support the Cash For Kids charity in Lancashire.
Richard Slater, publisher of Lancashire Business View magazine, which stages the awards, said: “First and foremost the Red Rose Awards are about giving Lancashire business the opportunity to show how great they are and how deep the county’s commercial excellence runs.
“Everything you need to run a successful business can be supplied from the county and we see it as our role, through the magazine and at events like Red Rose Awards, to showcase the great businesses we have.”
Here’s a full list of the winners:
RED ROSE AWARDS 2017
- Construction Business Award (sponsored by Anderton Gables) Warden Construction
- Creative Agency Award (sponsored by Peter Scott Printers) Workhouse Creative Marketing
- Corporate Social Responsibility Award (sponsored by Mattioli Woods) Warden Construction
- Customer Service Award (sponsored by Stonehouse Logic) Birchall Foodservice
- Digital Agency Award (sponsored by Marketing Lancashire) Wired Marketing
- Employer of the Year Award –(sponsored by NWEEG ) Birchall Foodservice
- Engineering Business Award (sponsored by Preston’s College) Process Instruments
- Family Business Award –(sponsored by LH Recruitment) Birchall Foodservice
- Financial Business Award (sponsored by Enterprise Ventures/Rosebud) Asset Finance Solutions
- Growing Business Award –(sponsored by Mayes Accountants) CMAC Partnership
- Health and Care Business Award (sponsored by Limitless PR & Marketing) the Hub pharmacy
- Innovative Business Award- (sponsored by Genting Casino) Levity Crop Science
- International Achievement Award (sponsored by Cassons) Group55
- Large Business Award (sponsored by Forbes Solicitors) VEKA
- Legal Business Award (sponsored by Eventus Legal) Harrison Drury Solicitors
- Manufacturing Business Award (sponsored by Barclays) Pets Choice
- Medium Business Award (sponsored by Beever and Struthers) VetPlus
- New Business Award (sponsored by Business & Enterprise Trust) 10ACIA
- Not-for-profit Business Award – DanceSyndrome
- Online Business Award (sponsored by Bespoke Digital Agency) Chemist-4-U
- Property Business Award (sponsored by Slater + Gordon Lawyers) Artal
- Retail Business Award (sponsored by Fat Media) Chorley Group
- Skills and Training Business Award – Primary Engineer
- Small Business Award (sponsored by Federation of Small Businesses) Silverwoods Waste Management
- Tourism and Leisure Business Award (sponsored by NFU Mutual) James’ Places
- Lancashire Business View Award – Laila’s Fine Foods